What is KidsGIVE?
KidsGIVE is the new initiative that is the main focus of One.Love.Loudoun in 2016 that will provide opportunities for families and children of ALL ages to give back the Loudoun County Community.
Children of all ages and their families will GATHER to participate in various community service activities. We hope the children will be INSPIRED by the feeling they get when giving back. We will provide opportunities for children and families to VOLUNTEER with their peers.
HOW DOES KIDSGIVE WORK?
KidsGIVE will meet on a monthly basis to participate in different types of philanthropy to benefit residents right here in Loudoun County. Families can choose to participate in all monthly activities or can participate in just one.
Our hope is that as more people participate, our KidsGIVE program will grow as kids tell their friends how much they enjoy participating in the activities that we create and facilitate in response to community needs. There are no commitments or fees associated with KidsGIVE.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN KIDSGIVE?
Everyone! There are NO age limitations. Families and children of ALL AGES are encouraged to join KidsGIVE. One.Love.Loudoun will strive to ensure that these activities are not only charitable, but enjoyable for all ages and families!
WHAT KINDS OF ACTIVITIES/VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES WILL KIDSGIVE OFFER?
KidsGIVE will participate in various philanthropic activities including:
- Serving breakfast at the local homeless shelter
- Making meals and delivering them to our local first responders
- Participating in spring clean-up and beautification for residents in need
- Making cards to give to seniors, veterans, sick children, etc. in Loudoun County
- Painting for a cause and donating their masterpieces to brighten someone’s day
- Working in groups to create no-sew blankets or other items to be donated to those in need
- Kids will be encouraged to share and implement their ideas to raise funds
- Kids will work together to help their peers in carrying out their fundraising ideas
- Kids will be encouraged to learn about local causes and choose ex actly where they would like the funds to go